Antioch's Plan as we Navigate COVID-19
The current health crisis has the world in upheaval.
The Bible says that the enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy - he wants to use this time to sow seeds of anger, frustration and fear, BUT there is good news.
The good news is that Jesus has an invitation of peace and hope for us. He alone is God, and He is good. He is not taken off guard by this, and He is STRONG. So, while the world is in chaos, we are called to be a people who seek and live in peace by the power of the Holy Spirit, the one Who lives in us. He is our comfort, and He will give us all we need to be kind, loving and courageous in the face of this current crisis.
As a people, we will continue to pray and seek the Lord, and we will stay true to who we are - a people who loves God, shares life and proclaims Jesus to the world around us! It may look different in this time, but we will not forsake meeting together, and we will not stop seeking the face of Jesus because that is who He has created us to be.
We will continue to remain in compliance with local, state and national leaders, and will provide information to you as we get it.
This page serves to keep you in the loop about what is happening at Antioch and how we can continue to engage with Jesus and each other during this time
Stay informed, and subscribe to our newsletter!
Join us Sundays for Virtual Church!
We are currently meeting for a virtual church service where we start with some vision and announcements, then worship and hear a short message.
ZOOM Link for Sunday Services
Meeting ID: 996 353 524
Delta Youth Ministry has gone digital!
CLICK HERE for more information!
More Information and Updates:
- Sunday gatherings are taking place virtually through Zoom
- Click here for our YouTube Channel, where we will be posting encouragements and occasional updates (not Sunday messages, as those are real-time on Zoom).
Subscribe to Antioch Greater Bostons's YouTube channel
- We will be updating our Antioch Greater Boston YouTube Channel regularly with equipping content and other resources developed by our staff and leaders.
The following regular weekly activities are canceled until larger groups are allowed to gather together again:
- The Mom Connection has switched to virtual meetings. Click here for more information.
- Delta Youth Group
- All other weekly gatherings that are not small group gatherings via virtual methods
The following weekly activities will continue to meet virtually:
- Weekly Virtual Community Events can be found here
We believe that giving is an act of faith, worship and obedience to Jesus. We acknowledge that this time stretches us in many ways, and we encourage you to pray about what God is inviting you into in this time. We encourage you to continue to give in faith as our elders and staff continually ask God about the best ways to steward the resources God gives Antioch (as they always do). To give online, go here.
Offerings that exceed our monthly expenses will be designated as toward our benevolence fund to help those in the community who have immediate financial hardship resulting from this pandemic and its effects. We desire to be the Church as we extend help generously to our neighbors in need.
Being the Church
Historically, the followers of Jesus have stepped up in times of fear and crisis, making personal sacrifices to love others. In fact, Jesus Himself came to our earth, which was riddled with sin and sickness to take it on Himself and nail it to the cross.
Because we don’t fear death in the same way as those who do not have the hope of Jesus, we are in a position to reveal his power and hope in situations like this. We must and we can resist fear and walk in the confidence of the Lord. He will uphold us with his righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- Check on your neighbors—especially if someone is quarantining themselves or is sick. Be safe, of course, but help them and serve them.
- If you have relationships with seniors, please make an effort to regularly check on them to see if you can serve them in some way.
- Always be careful to wash your hands.
- Avoid any actions that might endanger our senior population and those with existing respiratory illnesses.
- Pray for our nation and its leaders, our state and city and their leaders, Antioch Community Church, medical professionals, the sick, and for revival.